Friday, August 30, 2013

Kayaking & Gymnastics in one week!


I tried TWO new fitness related things in one week!
Who am I? Where is the girl that needs structure and plans?
The girl that NEVER goes outside her comfort level??

I got invited to a 10 mile kayak trip with one person i knew.
IT. WAS. AHHMAZING!
Typically i prefer a canoe. So my first time kayaking ever and i loved it.
the water was a little low, so i got a serious are work out.
plus i got tan, not burned! woop!
(i am in the grey racer back and baseball hat)
NATURE. GOOOLAY!
Ok, so i love being outside and in nature so this was great. a bit long and we did not have enough water but i was a blast.

LAST NIGHT!
I got invited to 'try' a gymnastics class.

To say i was scared was an understatement.
I have never been flexible or strong, or had good balance.
Plus new things tend to make me really anxious.
It was pretty fun though i was stressed the entire time.
I have no balance still, when i jump on the trampoline track i feel really unsteady, and i did lifts on the bar.

I had a huge NSV though.
As we were stretching together, they did a bridge.
first, i had to ask, then when they showed me. (its like a back bend, lay flat on back, then lift your belly up from your hands and feet).
terror, ive been here all of 5 minutes and they already expect me to do something i cant...
I quietly said "umm i've never been able to do that" - true story, never in high school or yoga in college.
The coach come over, "ill give you a spot, just try"
deep breathe
BAM! i popped right up.
Now i didnt hold it for long.
BUT I HAVE NEVEREVER done this before in my life!!
HUGE NON SCALE VICOTRY!

As for the class, not sure if ill sign up. its 8 week (including last night) and $120. And I am 100% sure i will miss one class. so its a little pricey.
....but part of me feels like i need to push myself outside my comfort levels to really enjoy myself.
advice? Should i do it? its alot of money for us. it doesnt bother my leg which is great.

What should i do?

1 comment: