Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Facing fears

Tried to do my hair after my allotted time today.
So side swipe is what you get.
Last week I told my physical therapist that i quit.
emotionally i can no longer stand it, i can't seem to rebound the awful mood/depression it puts me in.

Physical therapy, costs way too much, i can do everything on my EXCEPT the shock thing that i dont think does anything anyways, and i have to go during WORK. I can no longer sacrifice my work time. Sorry, I have a full time job that i actually have to be at.

When i told her i was pretty much over it, she of said it was time to see an actual doctor.

...wait. Soooooo when im primary told me to come here, she thought you could fix it. Now that its been since the end of May, you are telling me i should see a doctor in sports medicine that, i dunno, SPECIALIZES in injuries? WHY fortheloveofcheese did i not do this FIRST?

That was my reaction last week.
Today is the day.
Anything could happen.
I emotionally drank and ate last night becauseimafatty
and now im in a foul mood.
but really.
I am terrified.

i have dumped my bad days on this blog before. complained, felt sorry for myself, etc. its been hard to not be running.
running is my passion.
its also how i keep on track.
i have pretty much yo-yo in weight since i quit running.
but now, i am just straight up scared.

what if i cant ever run again? what if im stuck with this horrible body forever? what if i cant loose the weight? what if i cant ever eat healthy enough? what if? what if?

Honesty.
i want to be 100% up front on here and in my own life, day to day.
whether its on days that i want to whine and feel sorry for myself for eating huge portions of pasta, or happy days full of fun and love with my better half.

Today, I am scared.
However, i want answers, i want resolution, i want to be RUNNING.


in case you dont know: last winter i trained for a 5K-10K challenge at the end of April. 5K on friday night and 10K on Saturday morning. About 5 weeks before race day my leg really started to hurt. This was the first time i had ever done cross training or run farther than a 5K. Lunges and Squats were my cross training, and i am convinced this is when i straining my groin muscle. It sounds stupid but it HURT. so much that if i moved wrong while sleeping i would wake with so much pain i was medicating. I pushed through, tried new stretches, stopped doing lunges and squats because it aggravated it. Raced. itwasaweful. took 5 weeks "off" went to my doctor and got referred to physical therapy in the end of May.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry Robin! I hate that there's no quick fix for the leg or the fear. There are a zillion verses I could quote here, but I know that's not a fix either, just a (hopefully) encouragement. I'm praying for encouraging news from the doctor for you. And know that HE (the one that counts) wants for your body and heart to be well.
    Also - I kinda like the side swipe. It's way better than I could pull off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! This all sucks for you. Go see the doctor, hopefully they will be able to fix you up and get you back to running.

    Hang in there. Focus on clean eating for the weight loss. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! Hopefully the doctor will give you a little more of an idea about what is going on. :( Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how frustrating! i would definitely see a sports doctor and may i also recommend acupuncture + massage. when i pulled my back, NOTHING worked and for 2wks, i was in excruciating pain. As a last resort (which should have been the first thing i should've done) was call my acupuncturist and she came over for a treatment and also did some cupping. then she made me make an appointment the next day for a massage and guess what? BACK PAIN GONE. i was floored.

    more recently, i hurt my neck (zero mobility) and had to stop training. i let it go for a couple of days (thought it would go away on its own but didn't) and couldn't stand it anymore so i called my acupuncturist again for a treatment, went for a massage and the next day everything was back to normal; not even a hint that my neck was screwed up.

    i really hope you get better quick!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete