Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Paint Project Done

My first (of many) paint projects is done!!
We found lots of paint in the basement but OF COURSE we couldnt match this room.
see along the back wall in this picture.

All those spots are from me patching.
They had nice looking shelves up there
but they left HUGE drywall mounts in them, so when i took them out, bigger holes.
So while i would not have made the choice to paint this room, i didnt have an option.
Choosing a color too almost 4 weeks.
Winning at homeownership not

So here is the progess
It took two coats.
The under color was darker than i had thought.
We couldnt even find a 'swatch' close enough
I know because i brought home EVERY ONE that lowes had.


so next time i will buy primer.
My next 3 paint projects are the bed rooms, Pink (including the ceiling, please shoot me), Blue and Green room, and our master bedroom which is a barf flesh color.
Know a great primer? I have heard Sherwin Williams is great.

Ahhhh finished project!
can you tell we are into art?

2 comments:

  1. We used the paint and primer in one from Lowes. We still did two coats but you could probably get away with just doing one :)

    ReplyDelete