Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weight Loss Tips & Tricks Link Up

button

Amber a Crafty Healthy Mommy hosted her first link up. I've really enjoyed following her health and fitness journey so far and her sense of humor is nice :). So todays link up "Favorite Weight Loss Tips and Tricks!"

1. Humor! Seriously. You have to learn to laugh at EVERYTHING about your self and the life you lead. This goes hand in hand with my next one.

2. Try new things. You never know if you can do it or not, or if it will spark the competitiveness in you to achieve a new move/goal/pace/whateves

(I found this and its new and im trying it)

Sometimes its gonna be hilarious (like when i asked TDubs to help me with a new thing i wanted to try the next morning at the gym, we are facing each other doing the same thing in the gym and i realize..we effing match. same tee shirts, navy mesh shorts. fantastic. we are now 'those' people!)

3. DRINK A SHIT TON OF WATER. WHINE IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER BUT JUST DO IT! water is good for you. drink lots of it. pee every 35 minutes like me. Dont matter. just do it and bitch through it if you have to.

4. Know what you put in your mouth....food ditry minds. get an app. get it done.

5. Dont Cheat, Treat! Occasionally. Not Thrusday - Sunday night! *this may or may not be my huge Downfall and why i dont lose. Drink UP! But its ok to have a treat, in healthy portions, on occasion.

6. "I have them on the BODY SYSTEM"
Having a partner in fitness crime is great. I miss it lots. It helps pass the time, while at the gym, or running or walking or whatever you are doing.

SIDEBAR: TRY TRY TRY to remember you dont HAVE to compete with this person. Or that you are less than them if they are more fit than you. Just find someone that is enjoyable to be with. I know people who wont work out with me. Here's the reality, I'd RATHER NOT be alone than run my fastest run ever. 100% of the time. Try to not compare.

7. Find inspiration. following blogs, instagram, pinterest and fb to get some inspiration. I LOVE that SkinnyMeg is doing workout posts on Wednesdays.
I just tried her arms one today! And a Selfie at the gym, havent got the hang of that yet.

8. Ditch the scale. Shes a lying hoe.

9. Pump up the jams. Didnt make it to the gym? At home? Dont wanna search pinterest for inspiration or at home things. Crank spotify, and DANCE IT OUT! Pull the blinds if you have too, in order to dance, but i defy you to feel worse after!

10. Have a beer.

I dont have great success story. Or any loss so far for the most part. but these are all important. there are more im sure. but #10 is the most important. Mostly, i do beer.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with me! #3 is SO important and the way you worded it made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really been enjoying all your fitness posts this week! :) Yeah i think my new slogan at the gym is gonna be Bitch Thru it Just do it! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad! Um, yes to your new slogan! Hilarious!

      Delete
  2. I seriously don't know how people counted calories before Iphones. Did they actually use math or something? Because my app all but updates itself with what I shove in my mouth and then even gives a little graph of how many calories I have left for the day. Awesome advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for reals! My mom has a calories diet book (i think its dated like 1972). Its a DICTIONARY! it really is. I remember trying to use in high school when i was trying to lose weight. Yeah you have to carry it then a note pad to keep track of everything! AND MATH! NO THANKS!

      No one can come up with excuses with how free everything is in APPs now and how easy it is. Unless they dont have a smart phone...spend the money its worth it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I call her many -names- but TRUTH and FRIEND arent any of them!

      Delete