Friday, May 3, 2013

Race Results 10K

10K on Saturday morning at 7:42 am

This is how i felt on Saturday morning when my alarm went off at 5:30 am. NOT WORTH IT!
So i laid my lazy tired ass in bed checking the weather.
BOOOOO! Overcast. 
i did eat very clean the days leading up to my races. This is a typical breakfast for me, turkey bacon, and 2 poached eggs. TDubs pumped up the jams via spotify at 6 am (your welcome neighbors) to get my head in the game. it was great. i was still pretty nervy.

Sooooooooo i ran on Friday, late at night. Downed some sleep aid. And got up Saturday for the 10K. i have been running and training since January. i over strained an inner thigh muscle about 5 weeks ago, and it has is been painful. 

Lana stuck with me the whole time. She is just the awesome person, and i really miss that whole family a great deal. i was so grateful she wanted to run together. it helped pass the time plus it gave us an opportunity to catch up on life.

My goal had been to run the entire 10K, at about mile 2 the sun came out with a freaking VENGEANCE! We both peeled our coats off, this resulted in me having to carry my phone. frick on a stick.

Thankfully the course went through Old Town and had lots of tree shad. TDubs caught us between miles 3-4 which was fun to see him and some friends that were watching! the atmosphere is so neat with spectators.

Mile 5 ...gurgle grumble rawr stomach...uh oh...yeah, pretty much.
i ended up needing to walk.
it was all i could do to not cry while we walked.
Lana stayed with me, and i tried not to feel guilty about it.
double frick on a stick.

i figure we walked somewhere between half and 3/4 of a mile. then jogged the rest to the finish line.
i was completely out of sorts.
emotionally i couldn't even process my failure.
and i basically sprinted the steps at the stadium to the bathroom. fun times. i ended up with stomach issues for the rest of the weekend, oh the fun of that. and then we ate out twice.

Red Lobster. This was supposed to be my victory meal. it tasted like shit. not really, it was all smothered in butter so it tasted like fat kid heaven. i had a huge fruity drink and then went home and drank beer.

honestly i wasn't really ok with going to this dinner. it was not a victory. i am a type A person through and through. but sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you body just isn't having a good day.

I never had a problem during my training runs for any of this. my biggest issue had been my leg pain. so to say i'm disappointed is an understatement.

by Monday morning, i was convinced i would still run.
i will train some more and run a 10K alone and see if i can complete it.
it may take me longer than i planned but i will do it.

so i'm certainly not in the best spirits about the race depression much? but i did finish and even with walking our pace was still good. plus, the best thing about doing both events, you get 3 medals aawwwweeee yeaaaaahhhh! :)

2 comments:

  1. I will be lucky to finish in under two hours BAHAHAHAHAAAAAA so feel proud of that! So stinking sorry that you had stomach issues... one of my biggest fears actually! My race is the flying pig in downtown cincy! So excited, emotional, nervous, happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy!! It was my first. I had high hopes! If you get tummy issues I strongly suggest finding a bathroom if they are available, in hindsight I wish. Had because I think I could have picked right back up running!

      Delete