Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Not my best

I knew it would happen eventually.
I would have a training run that wasn't great.
I still stretch and roll my leg before work outs
And I put heat on it after leg day or runs
me, post gym.

soooo today was 1 min walk 4 mins run TIMES 4!!!
Which is more than i have been doing the last two weeks. i have only been running 3 sets.
as instructed.
Well when my interval went off for # 4 i was doggin it.
tired. burnt out. my leg felt bothersome. i quit two minutes in.

series of events happened that put me here:

running late - i hate that.
lifted, then went to run outside, packed my FAVORITE JACKET.
this jacket then got all kinds of jacked up on the zipper

then my husband made it worse - bless him, he was just trying to help
double late to getting into my run in time.
random people on the indoor track running in the middle.
ok, here is my thing, the track is tiny, you can see everyone on it. if you know you are slow move over. you know you are about to get passed why must you be in the middle. so then there was that.
then, my terrible fourth set...
late leaving the gym while i am trying to make sure i stretch

so needless to say it wasnt the greatest run.
but its done.
This is NORMAL.
I know that, this is typical for running.
BUT, my mind keeps saying i should be able to go run 5 miles today.
and i can't.
i just need to take a step back and be grateful and take each day, run, as it comes.

tomorrow: arms, core
thrusday: legs, run: 1 min walk, 5 min run x3
friday: arms, core
saturday: maybe try a spin class (?), run: 1 min walk, 6 min run x3

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you think of spin class. It always looks a little too intense for me, but I'd love to suck it up and try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete