Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekly Goals 7/29

If you saw on Friday T-Dubs had his wisdom teeth surgically removed.
Gross. Double Gross.
I don't do blood, I almost barfed twice changing his gauze.
Poor guy though he is in pretty rough shape.

Soooooo we had one of the first appointments in the morning.
Got home, set him all up to relax.
I walk downstairs and there was some water on my floors....
....no.nononononono! this can't be happening to me.

yeah, when we bought this house the upstairs/main bath had busted tile and we assumed The Classy Sellers were still using it and letting water just go into the walls. we had thought we would demo this bathroom. We want to try to do it ourselves but i don't have a lot of the tools to install a new bath/shower. Anyways, back to the water.

i pulled off the access panel and sure enough my spiget was all drenched in the wall.
fantastic.

This is the real problem, the tile needs to be removed and redone.
and because the tile 'falling' the pipe is now tooooo long for the faucet

Causing this GAP! Where water gets into the walls. Fabulous.

Lucky for me i found a pretty quick and cheap solution.

This fancy ($3) ring took up the space and i needed and i filllllllled it with bathroom sealer (caulk)

Operation Skinny Jeans

1. Finish filling holes in the walls and sand them down. Basement, master bed room and refill in the living room.

2. I will STOP eating the same thing as T-Dubs. He has been living off of ice cream, pudding, yogurt, and Velveeta cheese in shells. STOP IT ROBIN JUST STOP!

3. I will not drink during this week. This is soooooooo difficult in the hot summer months, but it cooled off for a few days. Honestly, all clean eating starts here. And when i COULD run it was much easier to not drink. Since starting physical therapy, I've been a little bit of an emotional roller coaster, which means i need a drink a lot more often.

4. I will clean the house. Seriously there is soooooo much more to clean than a 2 bedroom apartment, it takes FOREVER! But its gross especially with all the sanding, so i need to do a thorough clean after #1! :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on the fixin' it yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You a real handy person to have around! Repairing that yourself was super!! Your goals should keep you busy this week. Good luck!!



    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I'm ok with home stuff, I need to build my tools shop a bit :)

      Delete