Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Set up CAMP

I love camping. Except i ALWAYS sleep on an air mattress.
This weekend was a hey lets chill, be lazy, get our drinks on, by the fire alllllll weekend!
It was exactly what i needed.
Just a mini break from reality.

We went locally in the great state of Illinois.

Here is what almost always happens when we camp. We get stuck behind this.
Trying to get to the same place.

We set up shop. We have a four man tent, that JUST fits our double high air mattress.
I know I'm a camping diva. whatever.

FOOOOOOODS! And Dranks!
BRATS! then Chicken n Beans!

Toocoolforschool.

Sorry, all my pictures are of TDubs this time. I don't have the art of selfies mastered yet. Oh found one of us...

We both love camping, and the fact that we are so lucky to have good company is always a bonus. TDubs has made skills.


He brings either a Uke or a Mandolin when we camp and he always learns awesome T-Swifty or Justin Beiber Journey for us.

After camping with 3 young girls with our friends over memorial day, glow sticks might become a staple!
We do actually go do stuff sometimes. We canoed this time. Our poor friends capsized on a tree in the middle of probably the strongest part of the river. Dudes lost all their hats, sunglasses and shoes. BUT they were both unhurt and managed to hang on to their car keys. I consider that a win.

But we have been known to get our hike on as well. this weekend was mostly R&R with lots of fire smelling food and drinks.

These deers were just chillin at the check in office. I got really close but my iphone4 doesn't do it justice.

All in all I love camping.
We did get lucky that our friends have enjoyed it so much.
Its always fun to go with people you don't mind spending so much time with.
Also I love the smell of camp fires!
Smells like AMERICA
Sidebar: we saw a camper with a huge Confederate flag at the camp ground. I was surprised, but I am from the northeast. So i don't know better, i also stare. I'm a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment