Friday, June 14, 2013

Physical Therapy part deux

GINGER!!!
Noooooo my PT doc is Ginger. Although, she is not a ginger. She is a MS, ATC...whatever that means. It was ALOT less awkward having her all up in my bid'ness.
still awkward though.
i don't really like people in my space.
She is my gal with a plan!

Still included the shock therapy, which is still really weird to me. But upside is we used a less jenky looking machine. I shaved really well on de upper thigh, i was not risking the peeling-off-pain this week. plus we ended up using FOUR shockers for cross-current action. The pictures don't do any justice for my twitchy Mctwitcher leg action.

THE PLAN:
3 stretches 3 times a day.
I need yoga though. I'm not a good stretcher and muscles are tight!
Also no running! :(
I can do no resistance bike or elliptical. booooooooo
Oooor I can swim.

Guess we are gonna re-consider a better, more expensive gym membership, to get pool access and group fitness classes for some yoga. I may wait till after the move, and try some DVD's from the library first.

She suggested water jog with an aqua jogger.
Fun.
Or not.
I'm not sure this actually works.
I'm afraid of drowning and while I can swim, I'm not good at it.

I need to look at this from the bright side, I could swim and get better at it...ihatethewater
It would be better cardio than no resistance on a bike or elliptical...lies
I can do cardio...butnotrun
I need to do some cardio and get some of my stress worked out!

1 comment:

  1. Gwyn and Shawn White share a birthday. She tells me that everytime we see his picture on the gum packs his picture is on. Just thought I'd share.
    Glad your PT went better this time!

    ReplyDelete