Thursday, June 20, 2013

5 years married

button

Thanks for the coolest link up ever Holly and Mel. I love that it feel on my 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
Mel, our song was Fever Dreams by Iron and Wine and yes it was before they were 'cool.

Some days her shape in the doorway
Will speak to me
A bird's wing on the window
Sometimes I'll hear her when she's sleeping
Her fever dream
A language on her face
I want your flowers like babies want God's love
Or maybe as sure as tomorrow will come
Some days, like rain on the doorstep
She'll cover me
With grace in all she offers
Sometimes I'd like just to ask her
What honest words
She can't afford to say, like
I want your flowers like babies want God's love
Or maybe as sure as tomorrow will come


In 2008 on this day, I married my best friend and on/off b/f of 5 years.
I was 22.
At this point our relationship we had only ever been long distance.
Country club wedding. With a star wars garter.
Meal was beef and chicken and a veggie dish.
Mom made a 'dessert' bar with all our favorite desserts.
We did cake center pieces.
Brown with an accent orange were our colors.
TDubs picked them. He wanted a brown suit.
My mom surprised us at the wedding with personalized M&Ms.
My sister probably took 100 hilarious pictures.
Thats the sash to the back of her dress.
She also gave the BEST SPEECH EVER!
I can't find it, but some day i will post it on here!
"you know you're in love when you let your sister and your b/f sit next to each other in church so they can play and write notes.."

We were graced with rain, twice, then a double rainbow at chruch.
The Mens got checkerboard vans as a gift.
The Ladies got a grab bag for the day of the wedding.
I love calla lilies.

My sister also can sing, like for real, she sang We Belong Together.
At dress rehersal my inlaw presented us with Personalize Wine! *heart swoon*
We did not serve alcohol at the wedding.


This is us celebrating 5 years this week with this wine. Its finger lakes wine. Hard to believe we've come this far, though 5 doesnt sound like much we have been through enough! :)

TDubs took me to Red Lobster i love sea food but live in Illinois
And then beat me at my favorite game, go figure

What would i do different?
if you asked me "what was your wedding like?"
BOTH he and I would respond "we had our mothers wedding."

Living at home, and still not being out of college (me), I fought with my mom alot and felt like I had to give my mom whatever, notice the no alcohol at the wedding...yeah. It was stressful.

Now that I am an Adult, i would do it ENTIRELY different. We had people there we didnt even know. Small, personal, maybe even destination, and BEER! DUH! It was a beautiful day...but...

The husband and I would tell you the best part was when we were finally alone. and on our honeymoon in St. Augstine, Florida. Where we turned our phones off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment