Thursday, November 7, 2013

Used furniture

What's your take on used furniture?
I've found every living room couch set from Craigslist for every place we've live (3 apartments and 1 house)
And made money or broke even.
We have this huge house and not enough shelves or book cases...
Or furniture to fill it right now.
Additionally I hate having the cat litter out and I'm trying to find a way to hide it, thanks Pinterest.

We have an excellent Craigslist in a University community and close proximity to Chicago.
But we also have a Habitat Restore.

With this restore you have to be a frequent flyer to get something real good.
Props to the SAHMs that can pull that off. its awesome.
I want to be a SAHW - stay.at.home.wife. kthanks!

With the bathroom shower still looming over me (who wants to come help!)
I dont feel like im allowed to ENJOY going and finding cool old bookcases.
these are awesome. not entirely sure they will work for us.
but i feel guilty about my need to 'nest' a bit
when our main bath looks like a war zone.

I pick up T-Dubs from work tonight and we are either buying, bookcases, shelves to hide the kitty litter, a desk, or a filing cabinet, or all of thee above.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find what your looking for. I love going to antique stores but since I dont have time to restore stuff, I love to shop at IKEA....Have you been to one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that I'm going to find something, paint it, and save a ton of money, but it never comes out right. For me, it's easier to pay for someone to refinish it or buy it originally how I like it. But like I said, I'm TERRIBLE with a paint brush and I have no patience.

    ReplyDelete