Thursday, November 14, 2013

Home improvement goals

Soooooo I am a big procrastinator on this bathroom ordeal.
So the tile was failing and water was in the walls (coming in through the ceiling down stairs).
This was August.

I think I'm terrified to Tile without the help of my dad (who lives in PA).
But several people have told me i can mess it up and have to do it over 3 times for the cost to pay someone.
so here is the status update:

First row of felt on, sealant around tub.

GOALS!
  1. Clean tub edge
  2. Last row of Felt up
  3. Buy Backer Board
  4. Maybe start mounting the backer board?

I thought maybe if i started posting about it, i would feel like i actually had to follow through on it.
Heres to hoping that works and i get my ass in gear.
I would love to be tiling by next weekend or thanksgiving week.
We don't have plans for thanksgiving this year as we have been traveling for waaaay to much this fall.

In other home improvement news:
  • we did buy a shelf to hide our kitty litter
  • got a free credenza
  • bought paint primer on sale and Sherwin Williams
  • finished unpacking boxes and now have two rooms towering with boxes.
  • cleaned out the unfinished space under the stairs, plans: buy some cheap paneling/sheets of wood/drywall and close it in, in order to use it as a secondary closet of some kind.

Thats all i got. think my plate is pretty full with the bathroom i can't committ to finish! Fingers crossed!


1 comment: