Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I want to be a Runner

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Might try to write a bit about running, rambling and other things that come along in life. I'm Robin. And i want to be a runner...real BAD! I love this Nike, and of Nike's ads because of their simplicity. And because this is so true for me.

I ran my first ever race 3 years ago, it was a 5k and i finished in like 37 minutes and i had only run on a treadmill for 2 miles. My legs hurt so bad for a month, i swear, and i stopped running. So i trained for the next one and finished in 33 minutes. I loved the feeling, the rush from racing. but never in a million years did i think I'd ever run farther than 3 miles. Mostly because even with training, i still had to walk a bit.

Occasionally last summer and fall I jogged with my friend Lana. It was sooooo awesome because she made me feel totally comfortable at whatever we did (she is way awesomer than me and in much better shape!) She rocks. But she moved, and i miss her lots. But, I kept running, average I'd do a 2 mile loop. In November i signed up for the mini I challenge which is a 5K on Friday and the 10K Saturday morning. Its part of the Illinois marathon events. I figured the 5K would be a warm up and not bad because i will run with Lana and one of her daughters (which i did last year and loved). I also figured this would give me enough time to actually increase my distance. My goal, just run the whole 10K, not fast, just not walk it.

As i write this in hindsight i wish i had written this months ago.
Because honestly it was HARD.
Really freaking HARD
and brutal!
and it sucked all the time!
And i wanted to quit.
Several days weeks in a row.
it took me from the end of the November to the middle of February to get to 3 miles! And now i am doing 4.25 or 4.5 like its no big deal. I went from 3-4 like a breeze. I need to increase more, however it doesn't feel so hard to do anymore. i know i can do it.

I have had days i didn't run, days i ate ice cream, drank too much beer the night before. Maybe someday I'll share on my weight loss journey...like once i actually lose some... But i run. Its what i want. I want to run. and i want to be faster and better. And I am. I can go twice as far as i trained for any of my 5Ks. My pace is around 9:50, best ever for me. I want cute running gear. i want to be a runner. today i will be a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment