Thursday, April 25, 2013

Celebrate Your True Beauty Link up

button
I am linking up "Celebrate Your True Beauty". List 3 things you think are beautiful about yourself - 2 HAVE to be outer beauty and 1 CAN be inner beauty.
I wasn't going to post today. I have been totally stressing and being a huge bitch sorta mean to TDubs. (long story short work-outs came up with friends last night and he got compliments on how he looked and I'm just jealous that he is losing weight getting toned and I'm not, I should be happy for him. I mean I am happy for him. just really freaking jealous). I digress...

So I thought this link up would be a great way to refocus.
1. Loyalty. The inner beauty was easier to start with. I love 'my people' fiercely, and worry, and care and pray and lots more for them. I am not the best at keeping up with them, but it doesn't mean I don't care about them. This is also what I think my spiritual gift is (I have Faith, believe Jesus died for me even though I don't deserve it, maybe more on that in the future). I hadn't really thought about loyalty being a thing for me, but it encompasses so much, my ability to put my husband through Art grad school, to see past a persons faults, to have a persons back in every sense of the phrase. Loyalty of course leads into a lot of other things like love and trust just to name the two big ones. This also means I have pretty high standards for terms of friendship, like honesty always, no drama, and you should have my back too. There are plenty of people I would stick my neck out for. So yeah.
Dogs/Wolves are the animal for loyalty.
My husband wears this shirt all the time. I might need to do a post just on this shirt.
2. ....this is hard. And someone else that linked up said its hard for women to say good positive things about their image- so freaking true. I think I have pretty good legs. I don't mind wearing summer short dresses, but they are nicely shaped. ....feel so awkward saying that. :/

3. Hair? Not color (gray much?!) Its naturally curly, my mother taught me to say this in a very bragging voice as a child, and my brother will NEVER let me live it down. *flips hairs "its NATURALLY curly" *smirk. Nice mom. But really, I do get compliments on it, and to be honest I am not so hot at hair and make up and don't really do much of either. but it always makes me feel good to hear it. OF COURSE I wish it were straight. :) Grass is always greener. Also TDubs loves it. It also styles really well professionally so at events I feel like I have that one thing going for me.
**hmmm this is older color and i no longer do bangs (twss), but you get the gist**
Hey look, I even found a photo of the loser himself! :) We are laughing at my sister, who is the funniest person, ever.

6 comments:

  1. You DO have great legs and I think I'm just like you with the loyalty. I'm a fierce protector of my friends! Been with the same company for going on 9 years too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! It was much harder than i thought i would be to write this link up! But soooo good to do. Helped me refocus my day!

      Loyalty is a funny thing isnt it? :) It shows up in other emotions in ways that you dont always realize its tied directly to how you do anything for someone :) I was hoping for a lion or elephant but nope wovles it is!

      Delete
  2. Great legs!!!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll trade for your hair :)

      Thanks for the great concept! I needed a postive mindset today! :) Cant wait for the prom one!

      Delete
  3. Being loyal is so, so important!! People that have you in their lives are very lucky!!
    And from the pictures your legs are fantastic!! Why is it so hard to say that? That's why I'm glad we did this link up! And I love your "naturally" curly hair! And I especially love that your mom taught you to embrace it! Go mom!!
    Thanks for linking up! I'm looking forward to following you and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with us Robin! Look at those wonderful legs girlie. If you got em, flaunt em!! Your beautiful hon, don't be so hard on your self.

    ReplyDelete