Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blue room make over

We have this room, that was BRIGHT blue and greet with chair molding.
Hence, "Blue Room"
We also have a "Pink room", that's next on my to-do list.
And a "Puke Room" - because it looks like puke. I'll have to get my professional photographer husband to take a pic of it to do the awful color justice.

Blue Room blogger fail. Not nearly enough before pics!
The colors are dull because of my iPhone but the green GLOWED!
We choose Bejamin Moore Fiji *blue and Cement Gray - which i now hate.

Once we primed it we decided we really wanted center lights. 
Before this track lighting was along the wall

See that square whole in the background? Up near the ceiling?
That's where the track lighting was. Pic Fail, I know sorry.

But installing new electrical can be a bEtch! Thankfully t-dubs did all the wiring up in the attic, I only thought he was gonna panic and come through the ceiling once! 

The series of pics do not do this justice, he was miserable, and had terrible insulation rash after! He had to deal with being claustrophobic and arachnophobia! He's the man! 

So then we had to do new electrical - which trying to do new on top of super old = never easy! 
Pro Tip: camping headlamps are a life saver when doing electrical in your home.
And I had to patch the wall where the track lighting was.

And now the finished project. doors will get updated later.....ewww gross glossy yellow, barf!

This took us about 4 weekends between primer, paint, doing ALL the electrical, and putting the room back together!

We learned lots, so that's always good.
But I am not a fan of the gray. It's too light and I want it to pop a bit, against the white trim. 
I won't repaint this room....
Or maybe ill just keep this gray and find a new throughout color. 


What's your favorite gray? Did you buy a tester first? I didn't! I need a new gray! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment