Tuesday, December 17, 2013

If I Won the Jackpot

The Jackpot is huge right now. I have never bought a lotto ticket. In my mind its never been worth my money. But in the spirit of all things blogging, this is a list of things i would do..

IF I WON THE JACKPOT - which i wont because i dont even know how to buy a ticket

Pay off our one car loan and the house we just bought. I hate debt, and was blessed to never really have much (family helped with student loans). UNTIL we needed a working car and then got this crazy notion to buy a house.
Buy a working washer. Ours was free from a friend. its older. but the hot water doesnt work in it. this doesnt even have to be new.

Pay someone else to finish the bathroom. Home ownership has been a series of one water disaster after another. And frankly I havent had the right tools for all the jobs, or the time (read: full time job, and travels too much).
 Hire a chef. food is my hang up with healthy life style. i want someone else to meal, plan, prep and shop. mkaaaythanks.

Buy my Dream Car.

Buy seasons tickets IN THE A SECTION. I am  huge Illini Basketball fan. Huge. We usually sit in the nose bleeds.
Save. Sad, but probably the most likely thing to happen. i often find Christmas money in July that I couldnt decide what to spend on back in the winter.

Give to the organization that we sponsor kids through. self explanatory.

Fly my sister to see me, Fly to see her. Fly. Fly. Fly. its a 12 hour drive back to Upstate, NY. Its doable but you waste all that time you could be hanging out.
Buy new running shoes. i bought some this fall, mistake. now i wish i had just gone to a specialty place and been fitted and spent $120. I hate spending.

Sell our house, Quit work, move to the Adirondacks! Live in the mountains.

What would you do if you won the Jackpot? Or any sum of money?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan to me! I went in on a pool at work. I threw in $5, we ended up getting like $300. Hahaha (kind of sad if you think about better ways we could have spent $300). If I won, I would probably give it all to George because he's really smart with money and investing, and I'm...not. hahaha

    ReplyDelete