Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pink Room Makeover

The Pink Room.
Whats crazy is when we first looked at this house the room was WAAAAY more pink.
I know, how is that possible???



SOOOO PINK! I already had the outlets and lights out at this point and T-Dubs had taped for me.

WHO PAINTS A CEILING PINK!!?!?!? same color as the walls

And this lovely air exchanging grate over the door? I mean really! found out when i sanded it and painted it that it had been painted several times so they were prolly just trying to make the best of a bad situation. oh and i couldnt find one the same size at the store...of course. i just rustoleumed the old grate.

I went through 3+ gallons of primer in this room, and the next room i do, I will go ahead and buy a 5 gallon bucket.
This is the 3rd coat on the left and the 4th coat going on the right. Since we ended up with a dark color, i probably could have gotten away with 3 coats, but i was so focused on getting rid of all the PINK!

Soooo much primer...

I didn't like how our overall light grey (that will go everywhere) turned out in the first room SEE HERE 
So i started testing all kinds of colors.

After a week of those sheninagans, I just said screw it and painted it the same grey we had already picked out! 
The grey on the bottom looks blue in my photos but its really a very dark grey color.


And for the best part! Comparison Photos. i apologize if they arent at the same angle.




Who paints grates and phone jacks?? Jeesh!
The ceiling was just primed white, and i was on board with that. I had to rustoleum the air duct too...paint just randomly pink on parts of it. fun times.


I actually really like the grey in here.
So now im ok with my BM Cement Gray (top half) and i think it might be the light blubs in that other room.
AHHHHH a finished product. Took me 4 weekends Plus a weekend of 7 or so grey testers.
HAPPY PINK ROOM TURNED GUEST BEDROOM!!!



4 comments:

  1. Good job! Even in a house with three girls, that's too much pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grey totally makes the trim pop! It looks gorgeous! But you know me, I'm always a fan of greys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete